Fire & smoke damper installation in Colchester
At M&G Fire Protection we maintain and install all makes and models of Fire and Smoke Dampers across Witham.
They are a vital element of your fire strategy to protect your tenants, employees, and goods from potential damage, all whilst ventilating escape routes. By maximising visibility and reducing the presence of smoke and harmful gases, rapid smoke ventilation also enables the emergency services to find and tackle the fire as early as possible.
What are fire & smoke motorised dampers?
- As the name indicates, these motorised combination dampers fulfil the dual role of a fire and a smoke damper.
- They are designed to stop fire and smoke spreading through a building and are strategically positioned at various places where ductwork passes through fire compartment walls, floors or zones within a building.
- They are commonly used in HVAC penetrations where a wall or ceiling or floor requires both smoke and fire dampers, and are an integral part of a building’s passive fire protection system.
- When smoke is detected they close (via smoke detector) or by heat detection (via duct temperature).
Why do I need maintenance coverage?
As with any building system, the regular maintenance and inspection is imperative to ensure proper operation. Proper installation and maintenance of fire and smoke dampers is crucial – if a damper fails to work correctly it can literally mean the difference between life and death.
Operatives will then need to carry out an internal visual inspection of the dampers looking for:
- Damage or obstructions to the curtain
- Internal blades operating and closing fully
- Spring mechanism working
- Channels and side rails clear of any obstructions
- Fusible link in-tact and correct type fitted
- Dirt, dust or contamination levels of the ductwork that could be causing it to not fully close or operate correctly in the event of a fire
- Drop testing the Fire Damper to ensure correct working order
- Any other faults.
Why M&G Fire?
- We are leading specialists in fire safety systems
- We have extensive experience of design, supply, and maintenance
- We offer high quality yet cost effective solutions